Role-playing is STRESSFUL!!!
Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:56 PM

One of the few things that gets me cold on my feet is to give speech to a classroom of people. I stammer a lot when I have to be up on stage or stand in front of a large group. Even with long preparation done, my mind will suddenly go blank to what has to be presented when I have to be in such situations.

Well, I don't have the flair for public speaking. I may be confident on surface but really is a timid rabbit when it comes to presentation. Trust me, I can be shivering up there!

I get goosebumps and icy cold finger tips when it comes to role-playing. Really stressful lor. And that's the most basic thing which is required for a frontline executive like me need to do in a new job. My ex-boss, KM, knows how much I hate role playing. Right, Boss? *hehe* Till now, I find it very stressful to do role play. Selling to someone you know who knows much more of the product than you is really difficult. But presenting to customer is not that difficult than to your own boss lor, believe me.

I've really learnt a lot here in my new workplace. Probably I have keen interest, especially when health is the most basic important thing to every one of us. It really makes you do a lot of reading ups, particularly when you come across cheem medical terms. When you start with one term you come across like Thalassemia, you search for what it mean on the net, what the symptoms are, what causes it and what the available treatments are, etc. Then you come across another term and you go on reading more about it. They are really interesting to me cos you never know when you will come across such illness. And you never get to learn about it until you really come across terms like that.

Having to spend a lot of time on reading, there's still thousands and thousands of medical terms lor. I wonder how the doctors or scientist or whoever get to memorise them so well lor. Hmmmm.... One of my customer-turned-buddy, Lewis, commented that I've gotten more hardworking and smarter lor. *blush*

Other than role playing, work has been pretty fine. My colleagues are a bunch of the nicest people I've met during my course of work. They enjoy bitching around but avoid gossips. They are fun and jovial to be with but most of them are younger than I am. Sigh. Makes me look so mature when I mingle with them. And! the girls here are the most hardworking sales people I've come across. They basically work 24/7, even on weekends and public holidays and everyone of them carry a thick weekly/monthly planner with them. Heard they don't even have time for their better half lor. Lucky for me, Isaac don't have regular hours too.

Needless to say, I'm loving my job. (We shall see how long this can last!) *winkz*


Shania