Sarcasm, Obnoxious-ity and Gossips
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 10:27 AM

Just some thoughts....

Why is it so difficult to find people who are true to one another, people who don’t put on mask when they are talking to you and comes up like a snake from behind and bite you with the poisonous fangs?

Recently, I’ve been coming through a few of my once-upon-a-time good friends. I felt the uneasiness to the choice of words used in our conversation - words I would say, SARCASM. People like them can paint their life with beautiful pictures and pretend they are the nicest people on earth. But in fact, they are NOTHING but venomous serpent underneath. I may tend to be very frank and some people may not be accustomed to my frankness. But do you know that you are most direct and rude when you talk to others? Well, in case you don't realise, I talk jokingly innocent nonsense most of the time but will never be go to you on side and hurt you on the other.

Why can’t people be sincere and real about what they say or do? Why don’t they ever stop and reflect on themselves before talking about others? Won’t they wonder what impression they will leave on others?

Obnoxious is TOPS in my hate list. I thought there's always lessons in life people learn? Nice people will teach amicably and patiently whilst obnoxious people are impatient and proud. Don't ever be the latter cos you never know you will meet someone like you when you wanna learn or know more about some things. You'll never know when you need advice or assistance from the one who find you irritating too. Just share your experience in a nice way instead rather than boast about how much you have experience. A common one was 'Aiya, you don't know why lah' - if you never say, how will anyone else know?

I sat down with some friends over coffee, mostly at different times, and they commented on how much I’ve matured over these couple of years. Actually, I realize it myself that I’ve become more of a listener and think of what I want to say before I actually say. To refrain myself from being too straightforward, I’ve also become more caution to the choice of words I use. To add on, I have since have better control over my temperament and become more nonchalant to things that I deemed unimportant and that makes me more tolerant over numerous situations.

What I wanna share with you, my dear friends is that, be nice to someone for that someone will be even nicer to you. BUT! remember that if you belong to the kind who likes to backstab or gossip, you will get it much worse to yourself. Who will be all alone, without any close friends or confidante, and feeling empty in the end? No one else but you! So, if you don't know much or the truth about anything and have nothing good that will be coming out from your poison trap, keep it shut and don’t talk! In my case, I am such that I don’t mind going an extra few miles for my friends who treasure our friendship and turn a deaf ear to people who doesn't.

A good gossip is when you share your sincere concern about something or someone else to another. A bad one is when you twist truths and keep talking about it to another.


Well, probably that’s life! And I’m a strong believer of Karma.







A collection of n gossips each knows a unique tidbit of gossip which is not known to any of the others. Unlike the gossips pictured above, these gossips communicate only by mailing letters. When a gossip mails a letter, he or she will not only reveal the original piece of gossip they knew, but any other juicy details he or she has heard in the meantime. Find the minimum number of letters that will suffice to share every piece of gossip with all of the gossips. Prove your answer.



Shania