First Day of A New Start
Monday, October 8, 2007 8:10 PM

It's been a long awaited Monday. I was so looking forward to this brand new Monday when I start afresh in a totally new environment. I was anxious about how alienated I would feel in a new place that I started calling some of my friends on my way to work to boost up my confidence and get some moral support.

Despite the uneasiness I felt the whole morning, I would say, my new colleagues are nice and warm. They were friendly enough to introduce themselves to me. My new manager, C, is a lady - she's on leave today. And the head of the department, S (also a lady), took the liberty to guide me around today. I didn't realise she's the HOD until I was later orientated by the HR manager. *hmmm* It's a 95% female working environment, so far so good (for a first day) they are nice and friendly. =) The whole entired workforce is so chatty too and show no signs of deceit. *cross my fingers*

What surprises me most is I showed up at work and thought no smokers around. But when lunch time came, true colours were eventually shown. On one hand, I thought I've got kakis to fag with but on the other, I realised, I won't have the determination to cut down on the bad habit anymore. *heh*

Apart from my new colleagues, I would say travelling to town is as tiring as driving all the way to Jurong before - 45mins to 1 hour journey! Parking is worse! Though I have finally sheltered carpark at my new workplace, it's chargeable @ S$18/- for a whole day parking! Need to get season parking tomorrow already. *Sigh*


Shania